Section 8 - Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 (HCVP) Waiting list is currently closed unless the applicant qualifies for the Veteran preference.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program offers the participants freedom of choice in finding a privately owned housing unit. The unit selected must meet HUD approved Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Residents receive a voucher allowing them to rent housing owned by a private landlord.
- Vouchers provide Tenant-Based subsidy.
- If the resident moves out, they have a maximum of 120 days to find and be housed in a new unit.
- A resident can later move to a new location after giving proper notice to the landlord.
- If the established unit size needs to change because of an increase or decrease in family size, the resident may use their voucher to transfer to a PHMA approved unit of appropriate size chosen by the resident family.
What You Should Know About EIV
Report A Change, please email and send to Emily Rittinger email@example.com
Where to find a Rental Unit
- Consider actively looking for units in areas outside the Circleville area
PMHA maintains a listing of available rental units owned by private landlords. You can download the rental listing below or stop by the PMHA office to obtain a copy.
- Classified or housing rental section of the local newspapers or publications