Section 8 - Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Section 8 (HCVP) Waiting list will be taking online applications Monday May 6, 2019 at 8:30 am until Wednesday May 8, 2019 at 4:30 pm.
The Section 8 (HCVP) Waiting list is currently closed unless the applicant qualifies for the Veteran preference.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program offers the participants freedom of choice in finding a privately owned housing unit. The unit selected must meet HUD approved Housing Quality Standards (HQS)
Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Residents receive a voucher allowing them to rent housing owned by a private landlord.
- Vouchers provide Tenant-Based subsidy.
- If the resident moves out, they have a maximum of 120 days to find and be housed in a new unit.
- A resident can later move to a new location after giving proper notice to the landlord.
- If the established unit size needs to change because of an increase or decrease in family size, the resident may use their voucher to transfer to a PHMA approved unit of appropriate size chosen by the resident family.
How to Apply
Applications are available at the PMHA office located at 176 Rustic Drive, Circleville, Ohio 43113 Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. The application can be downloaded here.
When submitting the completed application, the applicant must bring the following documentation:
- Birth Certificate for ALL family members.
- Social Security Card for ALL Family members.
- Verification of Income for ALL family members who receive income. Include name and address of income sources.
- Name and Address of bank(s) & value of assets.
- Green Card and Passport for ALL family members who are not United States citizens.
Note: Head of Household must be 18 years of age or emancipated at the time of application. Any balance owed to PHMA or any Housing Authority must be paid in full before housing assistance will be offered.
|INCOME GUIDELINES FOR HOUSING ASSISTANCE
|# of Persons in Family
||Very Low Income
||Extremely Low Income
Zero income individuals are also eligible for housing assistance
What You Should Know About EIV
Report A Change
, please email and send to Emily Rittinger firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to find a Rental Unit
- Consider actively looking for units in areas outside the Circleville area
- PMHA maintains a listing of available rental units owned by private landlords. You may click here for a download of the list, or stop by the PMHA office to obtain a copy.
- Classified or housing rental section of the local newspapers or publications